[midPoint] Weak construction and associations support for AD computers

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 22:12:13 CET 2023

Hi again,
I'm trying to apply weak construction described here
https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/roles-policies/assignment/configuration/#strong-and-weak-constructions
for AD computer objects.
I simply sync existing computer objects linking them with a user and after
that apply some policies on them. The solution must work only with existing
objects. So, computer creation/deletion is forbidden.

The first policy is to control a computer's DN - this works fine.
The second is to add the computer to a group applying role+metarole to a
user who owns this computer.

I'm not sure how to arrange this. I write a weak construction with
association but I can't see any influence on computer membership. Could you
help to complete this task?

My meta-role computer's groups:

<role>
    <name>Meta IT Computer</name>
    <costCenter>managed</costCenter>
    <inducement>
        <construction>
            <strength>weak</strength>
            <resourceRef oid="746ecf5e-3e8c-11e6-b2f9-3c970e44b9e2"
relation="org:default" type="c:ResourceType"/>
            <kind>account</kind>
            <intent>computer</intent>
            <association>
                <ref>ri:group</ref>