[midPoint] Task with assigned org breaks reconciliation

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 22:15:39 CET 2023

Hi friends,
Till today my setup worked fine. I got a problem working with the Linked
Objects feature. My top organization creates some source links and
reconciliation tasks among them.  When a task link is created this means
that new task becomes a member of this org via default org assignment. When
I'm running the task I can see that the reconciliation process is different
from what I could see before this assignment.

I have 3 csv source resources and appropriate 3 recon tasks for 1) single
top organization 2) units under top org 3) user profiles under units
Below you can see the top org archetype. It is responsible for setting
object description in different objects defined by orderConstraint and
focusType:
1) object is top org itself
2) objects are unit orgs under top org
3) objects are users under unit orgs

The first problem is:
If I run reconciliation for the top organization resource with the
appropriate task without org assignment I can see a single reconciliation
event setting description to "oTrue".
If I run the linked version I can see two events - 1) process sets
description to uTrue and 2) immediately sets it back to oTrue.

Could someone explain this logic? Why does this org assignment for a task
break quite clear and simple archetype logic?
Thanks in advance,
Yakov

<archetype xmlns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
           oid="435106e4-1dfe-11eb-8429-534869969212" version="0">
    <name>Organization Archetype</name>
    <inducement>
        <focusMappings>
            <mapping>