[midPoint] Add New Encryption Key

Gus Lou gugalou38 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:13:22 CET 2020

Hello guys I tried to change the password for the default AES encryption
key stored in the keystore file. For that I stopped the midpoint service
and followed the wiki procedure:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Encryption+and+Keys
After creating a new key (aes256), I adjusted the midpoint configuration
file and started the application. But Midpoint does not start, in the logs
I can observe the following error: Couldn't encrypt node secret: No key
mapped to alias strong could be found in the keystore. Keys by alias must
be recompute during initialization Did I forget a step to change the AES
key?

Regards Gus