[midPoint] Add New Encryption Key

Gus Lou gugalou38 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 15:51:58 CET 2020

Hello guys
I think I found where the error is.
In the command below, I initially typed:

keytool -genseckey -alias strong -keystore /opt/midpoint/var/keystore.jceks
-storetype jceks -storepass changeit -keyalg AES -keysize 256 *-keypass
my_new_password*

I ran the command again and switched to:

keytool -genseckey -alias strong -keystore
/opt/midpoint/var/keystore.jceks -storetype jceks -storepass changeit
-keyalg AES -keysize 256* -keypass midpoint*

I initially tried to change the default midpoint password for the
encryption key with a new password

After this change I was able to successfully start the midpoint

I believe that the password for the encryption key cannot be changed, am I
right? Someone was able to change the password for the security key.

Regards

Gus