[midPoint] Having trouble with LDAP connector

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 22:45:17 CEST 2019

Hi Keith,

This is a quick and probably too short answer, but maybe this will point
you in the right direction.

I've setup the LDAP Group MetaRole to take care of this automatically.
This MetaRole is ASSIGNED to the Role and should create the actual
role/group in LDAP.  I have found that after I import a Role into
midPoint, AND BEFORE adding anyone to that Role, I should Reconcile the
Role.  This creates the group in LDAP and populates it with a dummy
placeholder since some LDAP servers don't like groups with zero members.

Please see these pages for more info:
https://evolveum.com/simplifying-ldap-group-management-using-midpoint/
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Roles,+Metaroles+and+Generic+Synchronization

Also be sure that you've setup your LDAP Resource with the
<objectType>-<kind>ENTITLEMENT,  and the <association> section.  These
must be configured correctly for group creation and membership to
function correctly.

(Side note:  I'm not sure which LDAP server you're using, but if it's
OpenLDAP, you'll need/want to have the memberOf overlay added into
OpenLDAP.)

I hope this helps.
Brad