[midPoint] Having trouble with LDAP connector

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Mon Jul 29 20:10:28 CEST 2019

Hello Keith,

you are on the right track. But it's not a simple mapping of a property
to group "members" attribute. In fact, midPoint worked this way in
versions before 3.0. But since that, a very flexible and powerful
mechanism was introduced: generic synchronization
<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Generic+Synchronization>.

To understand it, first you need to get acquainted with the concept of
entitlements <https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Entitlements>
and their associations to user accounts. Then please see something about
configuring assignments for entitlements
<https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Assignment+Configuration#AssignmentConfiguration-EntitlementAssociations>.

Unfortunately I am not sure if there's a description where it's all
collected in a single place. You can have a look at e.g.:

  * https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/OrgSync+Story+Test
  * https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+Group+Synchronization+HOWTO
    (a bit outdated - uses now obsolete AD connector)

Or maybe someone other can point you (and me) to more appropriate sample
or description.

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer