[midPoint] Authorization : can’t display the add or delete assignment button in the user assignment tab

Frédéric Lohier frederic at lohier.org
Tue Jul 30 13:46:20 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I would like to authorize a user to assign or unasign roles to other users.

I thought it was a pretty straightforward authorization like :

<authorization>

  <name>User assignment authorizations</name>

  <action>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#assign
</action>

  <action>
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#unassign
</action>

  <object>

    <type>UserType</type>

  </object>

  <target>

    <type>RoleType</type>

  </target>

</authorization>

But the “add” (+) and “delete” (-) buttons in the user’s assignment tab in
the user edit page are still not visible (see screenshot attached).

However, I can add a role member from the role member tab in the role edit
page.

During my tests, I authorized all GUI (
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-ui-3#all)
to remove the GUI authorizations from the equation, and I added all
authorization-model-3 authorizations found here (
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/support-3.9/model/model-api/src/main/java/com/evolveum/midpoint/model/api/ModelAuthorizationAction.java),
but these buttons are still not showing.

I looked at the security log trace but did not see any meaningful deny.

Is this a bug I should report in JIRA?

-Frederic