[midPoint] Found more than one live conflicting shadows exceptions

Alcides Carlos de Moraes Neto alcides.neto at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 21:07:26 CEST 2019

Hello list,

We have recently clustered our midPoint deploy in order to spread resource
usage and improve performance. It has been working fine, with a few
exceptions. Some Livesync tasks are being terminated occasionally by
exception (object name has been edited):

2019-08-27T17:14:22.163 ERROR
[com.evolveum.midpoint.model.impl.sync.LiveSyncTaskHandler]
(midPointScheduler_Worker-9) Live Sync: Internal Error:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Found more than one live conflicting
shadows: shadow:8cedcb1e-aac1-4e91-8ca7-4e59f5b79590(OBJECT_NAME) and
shadow:4862f2c5-69c9-46b4-862d-64a41ac0ef45(OBJECT_NAME)

Both these shadows relate to the same resource object. Deleting one of the
shadows and resuming the task resolves the issue for the moment. This has
not happened before clustering.
I have a suspicion that it has to do with clustering and opportunistic
(discovery) feature. I have turned opportunistic off for now to see if the
issue comes back.

Any other ideas? Thanks.