[midPoint] midPoint 3.9 support of back-end database SQL Server 2016

Schlehuber, Patrick schlehub at uillinois.edu
Thu Aug 29 23:02:05 CEST 2019

Is anyone running midPoint with a back-end database of SQL Server 2016? The documentation for midPoint 3.9 says SQL Server 2014, and for midPoint 4.0 says SQL Server 2016.

The issue I am running into is our migration from midPoint 3.6 to 3.9. The m_audit_delta table has columns delta and fullResult now compressed using GZIP which makes a lot of sense. I have many queries of this table utilized for reporting and diagnostic purposes that will require the use of the native SQL command UNCOMPRESS, which is only available in SQL Server 2016.

I am in a catch-22 situation. I can't use UNCOMPRESS on SQL Server 2014, but midPoint documentation states only SQL Server 2014 is supported.

Pat Schlehuber

Admin Info Technology Services (AITS) -- University of Illinois System Offices
50 Gerty Drive
M/C 673
Champaign, IL  61820

217-300-2636

Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), any written communication to or from University of Illinois employees regarding U of I business is a public record and may be subject to public disclosure.