[midPoint] OpenLDAP - IdM and Scandinavian alphabets (ö,å,ä)

Ivan Noris Ivan.Noris at evolveum.com
Mon Nov 26 22:05:43 CET 2018

Hi Jan,

first of all, it was not Java but Groovy, nevertheless, the syntax looks like Java.

Second, if you want to pass the fullName from midPoint without any transformation, just comment the whole <expression>..</expression> and fullName will be just copied. If your linux will accept such characters is another thing.

Third, I really recommend reading the https://evolveum.com/midpoint/midpoint-guide-about-practical-identity-management/ midPoint book unless you have not read it yet. For most of the things you don't need to "modify Java code" in midPoint, but you have to "modify the expressions". Before that, you need to understand what you are modifying :-) And I hope the Book should help you.

If Groovy is not your favorite language, you can also use JavaScript or Python, but the vast majority of the samples is using Groovy code because... the samples are written by mostly Java developers of midPoint and us engineers who like Groovy much more than e.g. JavaScript :)