[midPoint] Security Question Password Reset

Brad Firestone bhotrock at gmail.com
Thu May 24 19:11:20 CEST 2018

Hi All,

I have been looking at the documentation for password reset
configurations.  I want to use Security Questions as the reset method,
and all the documentation that I've found is configured for email
reset.  Based on this page:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Reset+Password+Configuration
I imagine that I need to change the <credentialsReset> section of the
security policy:
. . .
|<||credentialsReset||>|
|||<||mailReset||>|
|||<||name||>Reset password using mail</||name||>|
|||<||additionalAuthenticationName||>confirmationLink</||additionalAuthenticationName||>|
|||</||mailReset||>|
|||</||credentialsReset||>
. . .

But I can't find any examples for what should be used for Security
Question reset.  This file doesn't include that section.

The sample at:
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/master/samples/objects/security-policy-security-questions.xml

is a few years old and shows a different layout:
. . .
<credentials>

<securityQuestions>

<resetMethod>

<resetType>securityQuestions</resetType>

</resetMethod>

<questionNumber>2</questionNumber>

<question>
    . . .

When I use this, I get an error when I try to reset the password:
"Unsupported password reset type"

I'm using version 3.6.1.  If anyone has suggestions on how to get this
working I would be grateful.  Or a pointer to documentation would be
great too.
Thank you!
Brad