[midPoint] Get all properties in connector on every update(not just changed properties)

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Mon Oct 2 09:58:55 CEST 2017

Hi,

Perhaps the best way is to implement this behaviour in the connector.
This obviously needs read-change-write cycle. MidPoint can
(theoreticlaly) do that. But as there are absolutely no consistency
guarantees in ConnId API then this may be a risk to resource data
consistency. If it is implemented in the connector then the connector
may use any resource-specific consistency mechanisms available.

Please note that midPoint does not have this read-change-write mechanism
implemented yet. Not for a complete account anyway. We have not yet
encoutered any resource that required it. However, there are few
resources that can only replace attribute values (cannot add or delete
them). Therefore there is a read-and-replace mode that can be turned on
for individual attributes. But that won't help you if you need all
account attributes on update. Of course, we could implement this feature
in midPoint if there is a funding for that. But  I think that
modification of the connector is the way to go.