[midPoint] Org. Structure

Jan Kaspar Caspi at seznam.cz
Fri Dec 8 20:02:25 CET 2017

Hi All,

I need help with setup of Org. Structure. First of all i have prepared demo
Active Directory with hundrets of users and groups.

User are synced to MidPoint and also Roles are synced to AD as Groups. So it
works.

I would like to try also Org Structure. I watched demo online and after some
adjustments I was able to create Orgs:

'functional as OU' and 'projects as Groups'.

I am having multiple issues:

If I create root Org for project, everything is OK. Security Group is
created in AD. If I try to assign user, then user is added to corresponding
Group.

But if I try to create child Org type project. I got error:

Can't process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: Invalid
credentials: org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.
InvalidPasswordException(0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A12D2, problem 5003 (WILL
_NOT_PERFORM), data 0??: PASSWORD_RESTRICTION: Unable to update the
password. The value provided for the new password does not meet the length,
complexity, or history requirement of the domain): Can't process shadow:
null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: Invalid credentials: org.
identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.InvalidPasswordException
(0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A12D2, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0??:
PASSWORD_RESTRICTION: Unable to update the password. The value provided for
the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history
requirement of the domain): Can't process shadow: null (OID:null): Generic
error in connector: Invalid credentials: org.identityconnectors.framework.
common.exceptions.InvalidPasswordException(0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A12D2,
problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0??: PASSWORD_RESTRICTION: Unable to
update the password. The value provided for the new password does not meet
the length, complexity, or history requirement of the domain): Can't process
shadow: null (OID:null): Generic error in connector: Invalid credentials:
org.identityconnectors.framework.common.exceptions.InvalidPasswordException
(0000052D: SvcErr: DSID-031A12D2, problem 5003 (WILL_NOT_PERFORM), data 0??:
PASSWORD_RESTRICTION: Unable to update the password. The value provided for
the new password does not meet the length, complexity, or history
requirement of the domain)

I see that it is creating object type account :

Activity	Status	Resource object (if applicable)
Computing projections of the focus object
Operation on focus object (repository)
Account (default) on Hell Active Directory (LDAP)		Add:Fatal error -> CN=A2,
 OU=Users,OU=CZ,DC=hell,DC=local
Considering or starting approval workflows

I see that it tryes to use correct meta role.

Successfully finished evaluation of mapping mapping in for association {.../
resource/instance-3}group in role:3154fafb-9f9f-4c3b-93ae-7fffd43796bf(LDAP
Projects MetaRole) in 7 ms.

When i add manualy metarole to child Org. I got error:

Activity	Status	Resource object (if applicable)
Computing projections of the focus object
Operation on focus object (repository)
Account (default) on Hell Active Directory (LDAP)		Add:Fatal error -> CN=A2,
 OU=Users,OU=CZ,DC=hell,DC=local
Entitlement (ldapProject) on Hell Active Directory (LDAP)		Add:Success -> cn
 =A2,ou=Projects,dc=hell,dc=local
Considering or starting approval workflows

In the end groups is created but it is not correct behaviour.

Other problem is that when i add someone to child Org. it is added to
correcsponding group. But not to AD group of root Org.

Hope I described it clearly.  Can Someone please help me with correct
settings?

Thank you

Jan