[midPoint] Linking new accounts becomes slower and slower in 3.6.2 - missing index on m_operation_execution.owner_oid

Arnošt Starosta - AMI Praha a.s. arnost.starosta at ami.cz
Fri Dec 8 13:06:13 CET 2017

Hi all,

m_operation_execution.owner_oid is not indexed and midpoint does a full
scan of this quite large table with every new operation execution being
stored in the repository.

Now i see it fixed in master/3.7.

So for anybody with 3.6 (and maybe older) systems with lots of activity and
gradually slowing down reconciliations

create index iOpExecOwnerOid on m_operation_execution (owner_oid);

fixed that for me. I'm back on 5 hours instead of 3 days.

Credits to Paul Norman for teaching me basics on postgres performance
analysis (
http://www.paulnorman.ca/blog/2016/08/sampling-slow-postgres-queries)

arnost

--

Arnošt Starosta
solution architect

gsm: [+420] 603 794 932
e-mail: arnost.starosta at ami.cz

AMI Praha a.s.
Pláničkova 11
162 00 Praha 6
tel.: [+420] 274 783 239
web: www.ami.cz

[image: AMI Praha a.s.]

[image: AMI Praha a.s.]
<http://www.ami.cz/reseni-a-sluzby/bezpecnost-dat/identity-management>

Textem tohoto e-mailu podepisující neslibuje uzavřít ani neuzavírá za
společnost AMI Praha a.s.
jakoukoliv smlouvu. Každá smlouva, pokud bude uzavřena, musí mít výhradně
písemnou formu.