[midPoint] Org. Structure

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Sat Dec 9 09:10:54 CET 2017

Hello Jan,

I am not sure what demo you watched and what specific configuration you
use, but when looking at our sample
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint/blob/38a0a4dcc03334f2fbda0ef8fce9a0bcfd43c190/samples/demo/projects-metaRole.xml
I think that the inducement number 2 would deserve the focusType
specification limiting it to users (see red text):

     <inducement id="2">
         <construction>
             <resourceRef oid="ebd0bf7b-7e80-4175-ba5e-4fd5de2ecd62"
type="c:ResourceType"><!-- LDAP Server (OpenDJ) --></resourceRef>
             <kind>account</kind>
             <intent>default</intent>
             <association>
                 <c:ref>ri:ldapGroups</c:ref>
                 <outbound>
                     <expression>
                         <associationFromLink>
<projectionDiscriminator>
<kind>entitlement</kind>
<intent>ldapProject</intent>
</projectionDiscriminator>
                         </associationFromLink>
                     </expression>
                 </outbound>
             </association>
         </construction>
*<focusType>UserType</focusType>*
         <order>2</order>
     </inducement>

I have no time to try that but it should stop creation of user accounts
for child Orgs.

As for the following

> Other problem is that when i add someone to child Org. it is added to
> correcsponding group. But not to AD group of root Org.
This is because it is not configured to do so. You would need an
inducement that has the following:

 1. a <construction> element telling midPoint that an account should be
    created (i.e. kind=account, intent=default) - just like the one in
    the code sample above
 2. the construction should have <association> element with some
    expression that would generate the correct value: I am not sure how
    exactly to specify it. I would try the following:
    <associationFromLink>
    <projectionDiscriminator>
             <kind>entitlement</kind>
             <intent>ldapProject</intent>
         </projectionDiscriminator>
    *    <**assignmentPathIndex>-1</**assignmentPathIndex>*
    </associationFromLink>
    but the assignmentPathIndex element requires the latest master
    (3.7-SNAPSHOT). And I have no time to try it ... take it as a pure
    guess.
 3. <focusType> should be set to UserType
 4. <order> should tell something like "use this for any order: 1, 2,
    ... or N". This is done by replacing <order>2</order> by:
    <orderConstraint>
         <orderMax>unbounded</orderMax>
    </orderConstraint>

Please have a look at the following (besides The midPoint book
<https://evolveum.com/midpoint/midpoint-guide-about-practical-identity-management/>
which is a must-read!):

 1. https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Generic+Synchronization
    (and pages linked from it)
 2. https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Usual+Troubleshooting+Steps
 3. https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Troubleshooting+Mappings

Also, when posting to this list, please attach your specific
configuration files, and probably log files (when logging levels are set
appropriately) as well. Screenshots (as you attached) are OK as well.

Hope this helps,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com