[midPoint] Some questions to midPoint 3.3

Fabian Mirz s4famirz at uni-trier.de
Sat Mar 19 20:57:02 CET 2016

Hello all,

we are a group of students who are currently testing MidPoint 3.3 as an Identity Manager System for a big company.
We have build up recently our test environment with 2 servers. On the first one, we installed midPoint and on the second one we configurated Active Directory and installed Exchange.
The basic functions are already running, we are for example able to create a user in midpoint, assign him with the exchange connector and midpoint creates this user also on the other server with a mailbox.
Sadly we still have some issues and we hope you can help us.

We are new to this topic, so please be forgiving if there are some "stupid" questions.

- How can you adjust some attribute in a connector? We tried to rename some attribute names in the XML file but if we try to create a new user with the new attribute names the connector says the attribute is unknown?
- If you create a role, how can you give this role authorities? From the start on, there is for example just the role end user and super user with authorities.
- Is it possible to filter Users just through attributes? for example show every user with the name Thomas? Or is it just possible to filter users with organisations?
- Is there an option to prevent that users dont get authorities that they should never have? for example a customer user should never be able to get the role of a super user?
- Is it possible to set attributes from a user through a role assignment?
- How can you change the password policy in midpoint and synchronizise them with Active Directory and Exchange?
- How can an employee request authorities? And how can his boss authorize this request?
- Is it possible to create a hierarchy? If yes, how?
- How can you generate reports? are there already basic templates for reports? and how can you export them in different formats like .xls .csv .pdf ?

And the last but most import question:
- How can we transfer a currently existing active directory structure as easily as possible in midpoint? We got an XML-data for example and want to implement this user in midpoint as well.

Best regards

Philippe Büdinger & Fabian Mirz