[midPoint] Question about syncing situation

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Jun 14 13:28:45 CEST 2016

Hello Aivo,

midPoint should be able to resolve such situations; although maybe not
in one iteration (of CSV import). It might be possible that a sequence
of operations, like:

- import from CSV

- AD reconciliation or user/role recomputation

is necessary to completely recover from such situations.

If there's a sequence of these operation that results in a wrong
midPoint state (i.e. state that requires manual intervention), it is a bug.

 From your mail I'm not sure if manual intervention is really necessary,
or if a sequence of import + reconciliation operations would solve the
problem.

If the former, I would suggest inspecting your synchronization settings
(in particular, correlation search filter, including matching rules).

(My personal experience with midPoint failing to recover from similar
strange situations is just like that; after correcting the correlation
rules midPoint was able to recover from those, although not within one
import operation.)

Hope this helps.

Pavol