[midPoint] Question about syncing situation

Aivo Kuhlberg aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee
Tue Jun 14 13:54:27 CEST 2016

Hi Pavol,
Thanks for the answer. Don't know if this is a bug or my bad syncing configuration. I can avoid it by syncing in following order:
First, doing reconciliation of AD groups -> this restores the deleted AD group
Second, doing reconciliation of AD/Exchange users -> this restores AD group user membership
Third, doing CSV import of users -> this reimports all users data to midPoint and provisions the changes to  AD/Exchange

Regards,
Aivo Kuhlberg

________________________________
Saatja: midPoint <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com> nimelPavol Mederly <mederly at evolveum.com>
Saadetud: 14. juuni 2016 14:28
Adressaat: midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
Teema: Re: [midPoint] Question about syncing situation

Hello Aivo,

midPoint should be able to resolve such situations; although maybe not in one iteration (of CSV import). It might be possible that a sequence of operations, like:

- import from CSV

- AD reconciliation or user/role recomputation

is necessary to completely recover from such situations.

If there's a sequence of these operation that results in a wrong midPoint state (i.e. state that requires manual intervention), it is a bug.

>From your mail I'm not sure if manual intervention is really necessary, or if a sequence of import + reconciliation operations would solve the problem.

If the former, I would suggest inspecting your synchronization settings (in particular, correlation search filter, including matching rules).

(My personal experience with midPoint failing to recover from similar strange situations is just like that; after correcting the correlation rules midPoint was able to recover from those, although not within one import operation.)

Hope this helps.

Pavol