[midPoint] Workflow API access

Petr Gašparík petr at gasparik.cz
Wed Feb 24 08:05:18 CET 2016

Hi Pavol,
I have interesting question on my mind :
What other functionality, accessible from GUI, is not accessible via REST?

So far I used to tell to potential customers that every functionality from
GUI is also accessible from the REST interface.

Best regards, Petr

Dne st 24. 2. 2016 0:52 uživatel Pavol Mederly <pavol.mederly at gmail.com>
napsal:

> Hello Elijah,
>
> work item approval or rejection is currently possible only via local Java
> API. (Implemented as WorkflowService interface.)
>
> We plan to implement remote access to this functionality in forthcoming
> version 3.4, along with some changes in internal workflow data structures.
> It is feasible for you to wait for this release, or you'd need it sooner?
>
> It could be implemented immediately by adding respective wrapper methods
> to ModelRestService and ModelCrudService, copying e.g. task-related methods
> (suspendTasks, etc). But as I said, the respective data structures will
> slightly change in 3.4, so the clients will have to be - very probably -
> adapted as well.
>
> Best regards,
> Pavol
>

> On 24.02.2016 0:43, Elijah Jones wrote:
>
> Hi,
>

> I am looking into managing workflows via the REST API and have a couple of
> questions:
>

> 1.       Is it currently possible to approve or reject workflow items via
> the REST API?
>
> 2.       If so, is there a resource which would direct me on how to use
> this?
>

> I have done a bit of research but have not been able to find anything. It
> seems that the objects supported by the REST interface don’t include
> workflows.
>

> I did find however this quote from the page below:  “After some tweaking,
> the self-service application could be notified as well; or it could query
> midPoint to see the status of the request - this is not implemented yet,
> but it's not that hard to implement.”
>

> https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/How+to+use+workflows+in+a+self-service+scenario
>

> This seems to imply that you can access current workflows via some kind of
> API, but I can’t find where you would tweak to implement this
>

> Any help would be appreciated
>

> Thanks,
>
> Elijah
>

> *This email, and any attachment, is confidential and also privileged. If
> you have received it in error, please notify me immediately and delete it
> from your system along with any attachments. You should not copy or use it
> for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. *

Petr G.