[midPoint] Workflow API access

Pavol Mederly pavol.mederly at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 00:52:11 CET 2016

Hello Elijah,

work item approval or rejection is currently possible only via local
Java API. (Implemented as WorkflowService interface.)

We plan to implement remote access to this functionality in forthcoming
version 3.4, along with some changes in internal workflow data
structures. It is feasible for you to wait for this release, or you'd
need it sooner?

It could be implemented immediately by adding respective wrapper methods
to ModelRestService and ModelCrudService, copying e.g. task-related
methods (suspendTasks, etc). But as I said, the respective data
structures will slightly change in 3.4, so the clients will have to be -
very probably - adapted as well.

Best regards,
Pavol