[midPoint] - How to connect file server (Linux+Samba+LDAP+smbldaptools)?

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Dec 22 11:28:55 CET 2016

Hi,

I think you already know the answer: there is no good way how to do this
now. However, there are two options for future midPoint development:

1) Add ssh scripting support to the LDAP connector. This should be quite
simple. And there is a precedent for this. The LDAP-based AD connector
(which is in the same bundle) already has powershell scripting support.
This is quite easy and very practical solution. Yet the application is
somehow limited.

2) Implement a way how to use scripting methods from one resource in
another resource. The ConnId script execution operations are not bound
to any account or provisioning operation. So this is theoretically
possible. However, midPoint was designed with good interface design and
encapsulation in mind and this is currently not directly possible.
However it can be added if needed - and it would still be quite clean.
This would be nice and generic feature. E.g. it could be used to combine
CSV connector with ssh scripts (from Unix connector) to copy the file
from remote server - and this could do a lot of interesting tricks.

As usual, these are the options:
https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/I+Need+New+Feature

We are now preparing development plan for midPoint 3.6. It looks like
there will be a lot of sponsored features and the development team will
be very busy. But some sponsoring is still not confirmed so there may
still be some place in the plan. First come, first serve.