[midPoint] openLDAP configuration for midPoint: failing on 'Setting up Overlays' step

Keith Hazelton keith.hazelton at wisc.edu
Mon Aug 15 15:17:19 CEST 2016

--
email & jabber: keith.hazelton at wisc.edu<mailto:keith.hazelton at wisc.edu>
calendar: http://go.wisc.edu/i6zxx0

From: midPoint <midpoint-bounces at lists.evolveum.com> on behalf of Radovan Semancik <radovan.semancik at evolveum.com>
Date: Monday, August 15, 2016 at 03:16
To: "midpoint at lists.evolveum.com" <midpoint at lists.evolveum.com>
Subject: Re: [midPoint] openLDAP configuration for midPoint: failing on 'Setting up Overlays' step

Hi Keith,

I'm not entirely sure. I have created the slapdconf utility as one of my side projects mostly to speed up things that I'm doing with OpenLDAP frequently. I'm sure that it does not cover all the cases, but it is a very useful tool anyway. The OpenLDAP documentation for the OLC (cn=config) configuration is ... well, let's just say it has a potential for improvement.

;-)

I have discovered the configuration objects that slapdconf manipulates mostly by trial and error and by googling the mailing lists.

The OpenLDAP instances that I use already have the cn=module{0},cn=config entry. I currently use OpenLDAP 2.4.42 on Ubuntu, but I have used wide variety of OpenLDAP versions during last couple of years and all of them had the cn=module{0},cn=config entry. So naturally I haven't ever wondered how to enable it.

That’s a good suggestion.

Asking for better documentation on the OpenLDAP list may put more pressure on OpenLDAP team to finally update the information on the OLC-style configuration.

If you find out that there is a bug in slapdconf I will be happy to fix it.

Many thanks.   --Keith