[midPoint] New ldap connector and auxiliary objectClasses

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Thu Nov 5 14:52:25 CET 2015

Hi,

On 11/05/2015 02:00 PM, midpoint at mybtinternet.com wrote:
> Hi Ivan,
>
>   Yes, that was also my interpretation of what happens ... the point
> of deleting the older was from reference
>   of procedure in the Wiki .. don't recall the exact page. What I was
> attempting to pre-empt was creating a
>   new resource and this subsequently using the older connector.
>
>   So, what is supposed to happen when a new resource is created and
> more than one connector exists?
>   I seem to recall that failed, but can't recall authoritatively.

if more than one connector of the same connectorType exist, they must
have different version. It's no problem to have more than 1 version of
the connector, for example for migration purposes.

The only drawback is that if you import resource XML and the
connectorRef is a filter, it may find more than connector and fails. Two
- use filter for connectorRef with connectorType and connectorVersion
(nicer)
- don't use connectorRef, but reference the connector by oid (oid is
different in each environment)

Eventually with newer midpoint you'll have also newer connector bundled
and you can get rid of your added connector and use the bundled and
remove the restriction for connectorVersion in the filter.