[midPoint] CSV Reactions

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 22 17:52:47 CEST 2014

Hi Jason,

On 10/22/2014 04:20 PM, Jason Everling wrote:
> I got the CSV import to work correctly using a dump from our student
> information system for inbound sync only.
>
> I am having a difficult time deciding which reactions/actions to use
> for when a user is removed from the CSV resource file.
>
> The dump contains only active students/faculty/staff, if a user is not
> in the CSV file but exists in Midpoint I only want that account to be
> disabled, not deleted.
>
> In the current config the user is unlinked and I can change the
> deleted option to inactivateFocus which does disable the account but
> if that student is added back to the CSV file then the sync status
> errors out because the account already exists and for some reason
> cannot match the owner back, it tries to create a new account.

>From what I read I suppose that you have a problem with the correlation
rule/expression. Can you please post it here along with the current
setup for reactions?

> What is the best config for this to happen, e.g student leaves or
> withdraws, account is disabled, student comes back, account should be
> re-enabled.

Yes this looks reasonable. If the student gets back, midPoint should
find his/her user record in midPoint and link it again and synchronize
attributes. midPoint will execute addUser or modifyUser operation
according to the result of the correlation expression. I.e. if the
account matches existing user in midPoint, it can be linked and
attributes synchronized to midPoint. If the account does not match, for
midPoint it means it should create a new user. As username in midPoint
must be unique, it will probably fail (unless you generate the username).

Regards,
I.

--
  Ing. Ivan Noris