[midPoint] CSV Reactions

Jason Everling jeverling at bshp.edu
Wed Oct 22 21:09:32 CEST 2014

Here is the config, I also attached the complete CSV config

<synchronization>
<objectSynchronization>
<enabled>true</enabled>
<correlation>
<q:equal>
<q:path>c:name</q:path>
<expression>
<script>
<language>http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath/</language>
<code>$c:account/c:attributes/icfs:name</code>
</script>
</expression>
</q:equal>
</correlation>

<!-- Following section describes reactions to a situations -->

<reaction>
<situation>linked</situation>
<action ref="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#modifyUser"/>
</reaction>
<reaction>
<situation>deleted</situation>
<action ref="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#inactivateFocus"/>
</reaction>
<reaction>
<situation>unlinked</situation>
<action ref="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#linkAccount"/>
</reaction>
<reaction>
<situation>unmatched</situation>
<objectTemplateRef oid="10000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000201"/>
<action ref="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#addUser"/>
<!--<action ref="
http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/model/action-3#linkAccount"/>-->
</reaction>
</objectSynchronization>
</synchronization>

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 10:52 AM, Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> On 10/22/2014 04:20 PM, Jason Everling wrote:
> > I got the CSV import to work correctly using a dump from our student
> > information system for inbound sync only.
> >
> > I am having a difficult time deciding which reactions/actions to use
> > for when a user is removed from the CSV resource file.
> >
> > The dump contains only active students/faculty/staff, if a user is not
> > in the CSV file but exists in Midpoint I only want that account to be
> > disabled, not deleted.
> >
> > In the current config the user is unlinked and I can change the
> > deleted option to inactivateFocus which does disable the account but
> > if that student is added back to the CSV file then the sync status
> > errors out because the account already exists and for some reason
> > cannot match the owner back, it tries to create a new account.
>
> From what I read I suppose that you have a problem with the correlation
> rule/expression. Can you please post it here along with the current
> setup for reactions?
>

> > What is the best config for this to happen, e.g student leaves or
> > withdraws, account is disabled, student comes back, account should be
> > re-enabled.
>
> Yes this looks reasonable. If the student gets back, midPoint should
> find his/her user record in midPoint and link it again and synchronize
> attributes. midPoint will execute addUser or modifyUser operation
> according to the result of the correlation expression. I.e. if the
> account matches existing user in midPoint, it can be linked and
> attributes synchronized to midPoint. If the account does not match, for
> midPoint it means it should create a new user. As username in midPoint
> must be unique, it will probably fail (unless you generate the username).
>
> Regards,
> I.
>
> --
>   Ing. Ivan Noris
>   Senior Identity Management Engineer
>   evolveum.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This e-mail together with any attachments is proprietary and confidential;
intended for only the recipient(s) named above and may contain information
that is privileged. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or any
attachments for any purpose, or disclose all or any part of the contents to
any person. Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author and do not represent those of the Baptist School of Health
Professions. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not the
named recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
distribution or copying of this communication is prohibited by the sender
and to do so might constitute a violation of the Electronic Communications
Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. section 2510-2521. Please immediately notify the
sender and delete this e-mail and any attachments from your computer.