[midPoint] Possibility to check Password validity?

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu May 22 17:24:47 CEST 2014

Hi Alexander,

No. Currently there is no practical way how to do it using a web
service. Of course you can just save the user and check the error. If
user's password policy check fails then he whole operation is cancelled
and nothing should be changed. However I understand that this is not an
ideal way to do validation.

I like the suggestion behind your question. It would be a good idea to
add special method for this. However I'm afraid we cannot do this for
3.0 release as the release date is almost upon us. We might be able to
do this for 3.1 under some circumstances. But first let me understand a
bit more about your use case. Is password the only field that you would
like to validate? Or do you expect that you will need to also validate
other fields?