[midPoint] Live sync w/ CSV Feed.

Deepak Natarajan dnataraj at trilobytesystems.com
Thu Aug 28 10:35:10 CEST 2014

Hi -

I have livesync enabled for a CSV feed. We are noticing one strange
behavior.

Suppose the initial feed looks like this :

"joe","a/b/c"
"john","a/e/f/g"
"smith","a/f/k"

We do an initial import and joe, john and smith are provisioned in MPT.

Now, this feed is generated every 10 minutes from the source system (we
have a component that runs periodically and places the new feed in a
shared location accessible by Midpoint). So, the next feed looks like this :

"joe","a/b/c"
"boo","a/c/d"
"john","a/e/f/g"
"smith","a/f/k"

Midpoint is not picking up the user "boo".

But if the feed looks like this :

"joe","a/b/c"
"john","a/e/f/g"
"smith","a/f/k"
"boo","a/c/d"

Then the new user is recognized. It looks like changes to existing lines
get picked up by Midpoint livesync task, but new lines should be at the
end of the feed, not appear in between existing lines. Is this by
design/expected behaviour, or...?

Thanks!
BR/
--