[Midpoint-dev] Restrict user view to a particular Organisation Unit

Ivan Noris Ivan.Noris at evolveum.com
Tue Oct 7 08:43:03 CEST 2014

Hi Shelly,

what other roles has your user assigned? For example, "End User" role? This will give read access for all organizations.
In one of my setups, my user has assigned End User role and my own security role, in which I'm specifically denying access to unwanted organizations (based on orgType attribute).

I'd see two options:
1. if you have also End user role assigned, unassign it and add only needed permissions from it to your authorization role.
2. add a deny statement for all-other-than-your organization to your authorization role.

Example from my setup: deny read access for all organizations (OrgType) with orgType attribute equal to either value1, value2 or value3:

<authorization>
<decision>deny</decision>
<action>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/authorization-model-3#read</action>
<object>