[midPoint] Automatically starting role request workflows

Aivo Kuhlberg aivo.kuhlberg at rmit.ee
Fri May 5 15:37:27 CEST 2017

Hi,

My problem is that when role is assigned automatically then the approval workflow is not started. It is explained here why it does not work: http://lists.evolveum.com/pipermail/midpoint/2016-May/001838.html.

My need comes from using "resourceless" roles which are represented as usual midPoint roles but without any connection to real resource. These resourceless roles needs human operator who creates access to the user in actual resource. I want to model it with role request workflow where approver or in this case operator clicking "agree" to role request means that access was granted to requested resource.
This works fine when the role is requested by user but I want to add this role automatically and start the workflow when user is created in organization by synchronization from HR. How should I proceed in this case? Maybe there is some better way how to manage "resourceless" roles?

Thanks,
Aivo Kuhlberg