[midPoint] Deprovision/Delete mailboxes on Dovecot with Ldap accounts?

Oliver Schonefeld schonefeld at ids-mannheim.de
Fri Mar 29 18:32:05 CET 2024

Hello list,

we have a Dovecot Mail-Server and it authenticates and pulls other
information from an OpenLDAP server. Especially when an account is
deprovisioned we need to delete the mailbox from the Dovecot server.

In a test environment, I am able to handle accounts in Handling the
accounts in the OpenLDAP server with midPoint the proper connector and I
works as expected.

Now I wonder, how to get midPoint to delete the obsolete mailbox on the
dovecot server, once the account is deprovisioned, i.e. by execution a
shell script or something similar.

Does anyone have an idea how to best approach this?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards and happy Easter,
   Oliver
--
Oliver Schonefeld
Leibniz-Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Informationstechnik (IT)