[midPoint] Speed up Ninja

Viliam Repan viliam.repan at evolveum.com
Mon Feb 5 20:37:47 CET 2024

Hi Ashwill,

where do you start ninja from? Directly from application server?

Ninja connects separately to midpoint repository (DB) using it’s own JDBC connection(s), so unless it’s running on application server, it doesn’t matter how many CPU app server has.
Mostly only speed of DB matters (CPU, disk I/O).

Can you please check the following?

1/ Is ninja running in the same VPN/network as database? Or at least the same network as application server is located?
2/ When you start ninja with -l option, can you check database stats (cpu, disk i/o). Also what is cpu/disk usage on machine running ninja?
3/ Is ninja writing export file to local disk or NFS share?
4/ Do you use -r (raw) export?

What I’m trying to find is where are the current bottlenecks during export.

Can you please post speeds with different number of threads used during export?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

viliam