[midPoint] AD computer & userAccountControl if adminStatus = disabled

Yakov Revyakin yrevyakin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 14:25:29 CEST 2024

Hi All,
Debugging AdLdapConnector I've found the cause of the problem.
AdLdapConnector.java class in v.3.7 gets some more specific processing of
UAC. It applies UAC logic (including enable/disable) only if the current AD
object class is "user".
The following line in udateDelta() makes it impossible to get UAC
processing for "computer" class in the same way as for "user". So, the
connector can't enable/disable "computer" in the same way as it can do with
"user".

boolean isUserObjectClass = getSchemaTranslator().*isUserObjectClass*
(ldapObjectClass.getName());
boolean hasUacPatch =
!getConfiguration().isRawUserAccountControlAttribute() &&
*isUserObjectClass* && hasUacDelta(deltas);

*isUserObjectClass**()* simply checks if objectClass is equal to the string
"user".

I know that there is a possibility to work with UAC in raw mode but it is a
bit uncomfortable.
What is the best way to solve the problem? Can the connector configuration
be improved to support a list of user objects (user, computer) instead of a
single value (user)?

Thanks,
Yakov