[midPoint] [External] Re: Check for existence of focus user password in an objectTemplate

Drew Roberts aroberts at apu.edu
Wed Oct 18 22:56:41 CEST 2023

Thanks Pascal, the if exists check was exactly what I was looking for.

On Wed, Oct 18, 2023 at 10:17 AM Pascal PÉRICHON via midPoint <
midpoint at lists.evolveum.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What do you mean exactly by "checking for a focus user password"?
> Something like that :
>
> check if a password exists :
>
>      if (focus?.credentials?.password?.value != null) { return true }
>
> check if the first password was create using the creation timestamp :
>
>      if (focus?.credentials?.password?.metadata?.createTimestamp !=
> null) ....
>
> check if the password was modified at least one time using the last
> modification timestamp :
>
>      if (focus?.credentials?.password?.metadata?.modifyTimestamp !=
> null) ...
>
> (the interrogation points are very important to secure the code)
>
> best regards
> -------
> Pascal PÉRICHON
> Université Paris Cité
>

> Le 18/10/2023 à 18:07, Drew Roberts via midPoint a écrit :
> > Hey all, does anyone have any ideas/experience checking for a focus
> > user password in an objectTemplate? I basically just want to do
> > something like:
> >
> > <path>$focus/credentials/password</path>
> > <code> if (password) { return true } </code>
> >
> > I'm planning to use that as a condition for a specific inducement.
> >
> > Thanks for any help you can provide!

Drew Roberts  |  Systems Administrator II
IT Platform Engineering, Azusa Pacific University
apu.edu

“Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s
will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will.” Romans 12:2

[image: APU logo]