[midPoint] reconcile remainingShadows to detect deleted shadows

Hsin-Fang Hsu hsin-fang.hsu at itconcepts.ch
Thu Apr 27 14:52:35 CEST 2023

Hi,

I want to run the reconcileTask to detect deleted shadows fast.

There are three processes in reconciliation according to the documentation<https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/tasks/synchronization-tasks/import-and-reconciliation/>. As there are too many users in our system, I want to run only remainingShadows but got error:
ERROR (com.evolveum.midpoint.repo.common.activity.run.ActivityRunResult): Unhandled exception in RemainingShadowsActivityRun{act=EmbeddedActivity{path='remainingShadows'}}.
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No reconciliation start timestamp in OtherActivityState{activityPath=, task=Task(id:1682599173612-0-1, name:reconcileAccounts, oid:9b83f7cc-0cc0-4625-8875-885e02b859d6), stateItemPath=activityState/activity}

Here is my configuration:
<tailoring>
    <change>
        <reference>operationCompletion</reference>
        <reference>resourceObjects</reference>
        <controlFlow>
            <processingOption>skip</processingOption>
        </controlFlow>
    </change>
</tailoring>

If I don’t skip resourceObjects, things can be run without any error:
<tailoring>
    <change>
        <reference>operationCompletion</reference>
        <controlFlow>
            <processingOption>skip</processingOption>
        </controlFlow>
    </change>
</tailoring>

I also tried not skip resourceObjects + add extension to speed up the processing of users. But the process still takes too long (We have about 80,000 users).
<extension>
    <modelExecuteOptions>
        <reconcileFocus>true</reconcileFocus>
        <partialProcessing>
            <load>skip</load>
            <focus>skip</focus>
            <inbound>skip</inbound>
            <focusActivation>skip</focusActivation>
            <objectTemplateBeforeAssignments>skip</objectTemplateBeforeAssignments>
            <assignments>skip</assignments>
            <assignmentsOrg>skip</assignmentsOrg>
            <assignmentsMembershipAndDelegate>skip</assignmentsMembershipAndDelegate>
            <assignmentsConflicts>skip</assignmentsConflicts>
            <focusLifecycle>skip</focusLifecycle>
            <objectTemplateAfterAssignments>skip</objectTemplateAfterAssignments>
            <focusCredentials>skip</focusCredentials>
            <focusPolicyRules>skip</focusPolicyRules>
            <policyRuleCounters>skip</policyRuleCounters>
            <projection>skip</projection>
            <outbound>skip</outbound>
            <projectionValues>skip</projectionValues>
            <projectionCredentials>skip</projectionCredentials>
            <projectionReconciliation>skip</projectionReconciliation>
            <projectionLifecycle>skip</projectionLifecycle>
            <objectTemplateAfterProjections>skip</objectTemplateAfterProjections>
            <approvals>skip</approvals>
            <execution>skip</execution>
            <notification>skip</notification>
        </partialProcessing>