[midPoint] Livesynch Task Suspended on Error

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Tue Oct 4 20:40:46 CEST 2022

Jeremiah,

this reminds me of situations when the same task runs *independently* on
multiple nodes at once. It should not, as the Quartz scheduler should
take care of that; but sometimes it does. Very weird things are possible
in such cases, and what you describe is exactly one of them. See e.g.
https://jira.evolveum.com/browse/MID-5500. (And maybe search our jira
for similar issues.)

You may check the logs to see if this occurs and then try to determine
why. Usually this points to some kind of infrastructure problem
(overloaded nodes? faulty DB connections? clocks out of sync? this is a
typical case for our professional support :).

My advice is to diagnose and fix this, and not to somehow "sweep that
under the carpet" -> as it would hurt you sometimes in the future.

(Of course, I may be wrong and this could be a genuine midPoint bug. But
I doubt that.)

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com