[midPoint] midPoint does not recognize userPassword attribute in inetOrgPerson

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Nov 21 12:42:56 CET 2022

Hi Sven,

from what I remember, I only used outbound password mapping and that's all.

             <credentials>
                 <password>
                     <outbound>
                         <expression>
                             <asIs/>
                         </expression>
                     </outbound>
                 </password>
             </credentials>

Please see
https://github.com/Evolveum/midpoint-samples/blob/master/samples/resources/openldap/openldap-localhost-medium.xml#L315

This is a sample using inetOrgPerson.

As far as I remember, we use this (after small additions) also in the
trainings (based on 4.4.x) and it works for setting/changing LDAP passwords.

Connector knows that LDAP supports password and will drive the change to
userPassword attribute in LDAP.

On 20. 11. 2022 10:44, Sven Feyerabend via midPoint wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm currently in the process of connecting midPoint (version 4.4.3) to
> my old identity management solution.
> The user data is stored in an OpenLDAP instance, users are represented
> using the inetOrgPerson objectClass as defined in RFC2798.
>
> I configured the server as a resource using the
> com.evolveum.polygon.connector.ldap.LdapConnector and importing orgs
> from organizational units did work as expected.
>
> When I defined the userPassword attribute for objectClass
> inetOrgPerson in the schemaHandling section of my resource, I got the
> following error:
>
> Definition of attribute userPassword not found in object class
> {http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3}inetOrgPerson
> as defined in definition of resource
>

> How can I get midPoint to work with this attribute?
> Is there some special configuration required?
>
> Thanks in advance and kind regards
>
> Sven

Ivan Noris
Expert Identity Engineer