[midPoint] midPoint does not recognize userPassword attribute in inetOrgPerson

Sven Feyerabend Sven.Feyerabend at stuvus.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Nov 20 10:44:19 CET 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm currently in the process of connecting midPoint (version 4.4.3) to
my old identity management solution.
The user data is stored in an OpenLDAP instance, users are represented
using the inetOrgPerson objectClass as defined in RFC2798.

I configured the server as a resource using the
com.evolveum.polygon.connector.ldap.LdapConnector and importing orgs
from organizational units did work as expected.

When I defined the userPassword attribute for objectClass inetOrgPerson
in the schemaHandling section of my resource, I got the following error:

Definition of attribute userPassword not found in object class
{http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/resource/instance-3}inetOrgPerson
as defined in definition of resource

How can I get midPoint to work with this attribute?
Is there some special configuration required?

Thanks in advance and kind regards

Sven