[midPoint] Writing a query using the ouput of an other query.

Sébastien MARBRIER smarbrier at positivethinking.tech
Tue Jun 7 17:07:20 CEST 2022

Hello dear midpoint users.

I need to list the users which are a members of organizations which are member of a given metarole.
I can get the list of the organizations using this simple query in the query playground:
Object type : OrgType
<query>
    <filter>
        <ref>
            <path>roleMembershipRef</path>
            <value oid="oid of the meta role/>
        </ref>
    </filter>
</query>

I can also get of the users of such an organization using this other simple query:
Object Type : UserType
<query>
  <filter>
     <org>
       <orgRef>
            <oid>oid of an organization</oid>
       </orgRef>
        <scope>ONE_LEVEL</scope>
     </org>
  </filter>
</query>

However I am clueless how it is possible to mixing those two queries to automate the listing process.
Doing this by hand is a bit too tedious because there too many organizations.

Alternative suggestions are welcome.
I am using a 4.0.1 version of midpoint.

Best regards,

[logo]<https://www.positivethinking.tech/>

Sébastien Marbrier  | Senior IT Consultant
smarbrier at positivethinking.tech<mailto:smarbrier at positivethinking.tech>

Tel. +41 21 601 81 00<tel:+41%2021%20601%2081%2000>

[Teams chat]<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>
 <https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>
Chat with me on Teams<https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=smarbrier@positivethinking.tech>

[cid:image003.png at 01D87A91.0B45CCC0]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-positive-thinking-company/>  [cid:image004.png at 01D87A91.0B45CCC0] <https://www.instagram.com/positivethinkingcompany/>   [cid:image005.png at 01D87A91.0B45CCC0] <https://twitter.com/PTC_Tech>   [cid:image006.png at 01D87A91.0B45CCC0] <https://youtube.com/channel/UCfaImWa6r0IoZoUYLhbiF7w>
Avenue de cour, 135 - 1007 Lausanne
www.positivethinking.tech<https://www.positivethinking.tech/>

Positive Thinking Company puts security at a high priority in its conduct of business. Therefore, we have put our best efforts into ensuring that this email and its attached documents are error and virus-free. Nonetheless, full security of emails/documents cannot be ensured. Therefore, the recipient is responsible for checking the email/documents for threats with its own security measures, prior to opening it. Positive Thinking Company does not accept liability for any damage inflicted by using the content of this email/documents. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete this email/document.