[midPoint] OpenLDAP Midpoint Schema

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Feb 21 13:27:47 CET 2022

Hi Luca,

I think you are on a good track. It really seems that midpoint does not
see the object class.

To avoid the simple mistakes:

I assume that openldap is configured correctly. (And that you can create
account there without midPoint using inetOrgPerson + midPointPerson.)

I assume that you did upload + test the resource (test resource will
fetch schema from OpenLDAP).

(I was tempted to ask you to add ri: prefix to your midPointPerson
auxiliary object class.)

Are you perhaps using something like this?

  <schema>
         <generationConstraints>
<generateObjectClass>ri:inetOrgPerson</generateObjectClass>
<generateObjectClass>ri:groupOfUniqueNames</generateObjectClass>
<generateObjectClass>ri:groupOfNames</generateObjectClass>
<generateObjectClass>ri:organizationalUnit</generateObjectClass>
<generateObjectClass>ri:domain</generateObjectClass>
*<generateObjectClass>ri:midPointPerson</generateObjectClass>**
*        </generationConstraints>
     </schema>

(Please make sure that if you use generationConstraints, you are
mentioning the auxiliary object classes there too).

I'm out of other ideas for now :)