[midPoint] Fatal error in listing resources

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Thu Feb 3 09:15:26 CET 2022

Hello Mercedes,

don't be frustrated. :-) MidPoint is a really complex product, so it is
quite expected to be hit by issues like these, until you'll find your
way through.

But seriously now. Most probably there's some misconfiguration in one of
your resources that prevents midPoint from even listing them. To be
honest, midPoint should not fail in this way... so it's perhaps OK to
even create a JIRA ticket
<https://docs.evolveum.com/midpoint/reference/diag/creating-a-bug-report/>
for this.

You should inspect your log file to see what specific problem there is.
There might be tons of stack traces there (so don't be scared), but a
sensible error message should be there as well. It should help you find
the cause of your troubles.

And, "Subresult
com.evolveum.midpoint.provisioning.api.ProvisioningService.searchObjects
of operation com.evolveum.midpoint.model.api.ModelService.searchObjects
is still UNKNOWN during cleanup" is clearly a bug. It would help us if
you include the specific stack traces (if there will be any) into the
JIRA issue.

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com