[midPoint] globalPolicyRule RoleType approver notifications

Ezequiel Alonso ealonso at identicum.com
Fri Apr 8 14:21:04 CEST 2022

Hi guys,

We have tried a globalPolicyRule with an approval step containing an
approver of type RoleType, and the default simpleWorkflowNotifier:

<stage>
  <number>1</number>
  <name>Approval step 1</name>
  <approverRef relation="org:default" type="c:RoleType">
    <filter>
      <q:equal>
        <q:path>name</q:path>
        <q:value>Approvers</q:value>
      </q:equal>
    </filter>
    <resolutionTime>run</resolutionTime>
  </approverRef>
  <evaluationStrategy>allMustApprove</evaluationStrategy>
  <outcomeIfNoApprovers>reject</outcomeIfNoApprovers>
  <groupExpansion>byClaimingWorkItem</groupExpansion>
</stage>

<notificationConfiguration>
    <handler>
        <simpleWorkflowNotifier>
            <transport>mail</transport>
        </simpleWorkflowNotifier>
    </handler>
</notificationConfiguration>

When we trigger the approval step, notifications are sent only for workflow
process events (workflow started/ended), but not for workitem allocation
events (e.g.: workitem created/work item allocated to you). Is this the
normal behavior or? Or the members/role emailAddress should be notified?

If we use a UserType approver, notifications are sent successfully on
workflow process events and on workitem allocation events. Both UserType
and RoleType objects have a valid emailAddress.

Thank you in advance.

--
*Ezequiel Alonso*
Identicum S.A.