[midPoint] SAML2 and Red Hat SSO

tomas.husar at ibask.eu tomas.husar at ibask.eu
Wed May 26 06:53:44 CEST 2021

Hi Frederic.

All 3 users which I am using in tests paralely exists in RH SSO and
midPoint. with same basic atributes.
I am able to log in midPoint when I change the sequence to work with
loginForm
all 3 users have assignement to EndUser role with GUI priviledges.
this anonymouse users appeared there because
com.evolveum.midpoint.web.security.MidPointGuiAuthorizationEvaluator.decide
is calling MidPointPrincipal principal =
getPrincipalFromAuthentication(authentication, object, configAttributes);

>From my point of view it looks so that something is missing inside my
reqests and hence the MidPointGuiAuthorizationEvaluator.decide do not
return with PASS but invoke some getPrincipalFromAuthentication(
authentication, object, configAttributes);

So the signing is not working correctly? At time beiing i decided do basic
tests it without signing

From:   "Frédéric Lohier" <frederic at lohier.org>
To:     "midPoint General Discussion" <midpoint at lists.evolveum.com>
Cc:     tomas.husar at ibask.eu
Date:   25. 05. 2021 23:09
Subject:        Re: [midPoint] SAML2 and Red Hat SSO

Hello,

It looks like your "anonymous user" does not has any GUI authorization.
Did you make sure that your anonymous user already exists in Midpoint and
has a role with some GUI authorizations?

By the way, if you manage to make the SAML SP signing work, please let me
know, this is still a blocker for me.

-Frederic

On Tue, May 25, 2021, 20:43 Tomáš via midPoint <
midpoint at lists.evolveum.com> wrote:
Hallo I would like to inform if somebody did not strugle with simmilar
trouble.

I am trying toi work with midPoint as Service Procider and RH SSo as
Identity provider,

I succesfuly did folowing:
apply saml2 modul and sequence
json.securityPolicy.authentication.sequence[0].module.name = "rhSamlSso300
";
json.securityPolicy.authentication.modules.saml2[1].name = "rhSamlSso300";
exchanged metadata between midPoint and Rh SSO
midPoint sent request to Rh SSO
RH SSO displayed loginForm,
RH sent response to midPoint
with expected username (AttributeStatement: * username = thus )
But midpoint is unable to to make authorisation decison with following
stack.
com.evolveum.midpoint.web.security.MidPointGuiAuthorizationEvaluator.decide