[midPoint] 500 Error - Can't instantiate forgetpassword.PageShowPassword()

Rod Holman rholman at oaisd.org
Thu Oct 22 14:07:54 CEST 2020

Hello,
we set up the credential reset mechanism using security questions.  When we click on "forgot password" the username and email are authenticated and the reset questions are displayed.  When the questions are answered and "Send" is clicked we get a 500 error on the web interface (forgetpassword.PageShowPassword).  The password is changed, but we don't know what it has been changed to.  We have tried many things and have exhausted our searches.  We also noticed several similar emails in the archives that don't show a solution.  Our Security Policy credentials section is listed below.  We also have the log attached with the error at the top of the log.  Please let me know if you need additional information.

[cid:image001.png at 01D6A848.F66BF430]

<securityPolicy
<credentials>
        <password>
            <minOccurs>0</minOccurs>
            <lockoutMaxFailedAttempts>5</lockoutMaxFailedAttempts>
            <lockoutFailedAttemptsDuration>PT3M</lockoutFailedAttemptsDuration>
            <lockoutDuration>PT15M</lockoutDuration>
            <valuePolicyRef xmlns:tns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3" oid="283ec720-4073-4c9f-b072-fbcfe95ae27f" relation="org:default" type="tns:ValuePolicyType">
                <!-- Active password policy -->
            </valuePolicyRef>
            <historyLength>10</historyLength>
        </password>
        <securityQuestions>
            <lockoutMaxFailedAttempts>5</lockoutMaxFailedAttempts>
            <lockoutFailedAttemptsDuration>PT3M</lockoutFailedAttemptsDuration>
            <lockoutDuration>PT5M</lockoutDuration>
            <valuePolicyRef xmlns:tns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3" oid="283ec720-4073-4c9f-b072-fbcfe95ae27f" relation="org:default" type="tns:ValuePolicyType">
                <!-- Active password policy -->
            </valuePolicyRef>
            <questionNumber>2</questionNumber>
            <question id="2">
                <identifier>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/question-2#q001</identifier>
                <enabled>true</enabled>
                <questionText>What is your favorite Book?</questionText>
            </question>
            <question id="3">
                <identifier>http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/security/question-2#q002</identifier>
                <questionText>What is your favorite Animal?</questionText>
            </question>
         </securityQuestions>
    </credentials>
    <credentialsReset>
        <name>userPasswordReset</name>
        <securityQuestionReset>
            <name>Reset password using security question</name>
        </securityQuestionReset>
    </credentialsReset>

Thanks for your assistance.

Rod Holman