[midPoint] Problem deprovisioning

Pavol Mederly mederly at evolveum.com
Wed Oct 21 16:34:17 CEST 2020

Hello,

as far as I know, this seemingly "innocent" scenario is surprisingly not
directly supported by midPoint. Richard Frovarp asked about it here in
July. Just look for "How to blank out user properties?" thread.

The technical reason why the data cannot be cleaned up by the same
mapping that provides them is the fact that the inbound mapping is no
longer applied when the account is gone.

So a workaround has to be conceived. Some of these workarounds are
discussed in the mentioned thread. (What comes to my mind, though, is to
map data from the resource to a set of auxiliary user properties, from
where they are propagated to the "main" properties - Titolo, Matricola,
... - under condition of hasLinkedAccount for the resource.)

Best regards,

Pavol Mederly
Software developer
evolveum.com