[midPoint] Add user to a group on AD from Midpoint

Andrea Picconi andrea.picconi at innovery.net
Fri Nov 13 16:03:21 CET 2020

Hi all,

we have a problem with provisioning users in midpoint to groups on AD. We have this situation within the resource:
[cid:image004.jpg at 01D6B9D6.71EBD870]

>From AD to Midpoint it works (we created the association within the "Account" objectType, created the Role with the same name as the group on AD and everything is fine).

Once this is done, we wanted to add the user to a group already present on AD from midpoint.
Following the instructions found on this wiki link:

https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Active+Directory+Group+Synchronization+HOWTO

We have assigned the metarole to the above role, we have induced the assignment to the same metarole

[cid:image005.png at 01D6B9D5.43121740]

The assignment to a user (also already present in AD) seems successful on midpoint, but it absolutely does not add him to the group, which instead I expected. I tried to add the association also inside the "ENTITLEMENT" objectType, but it didn't work anyway.
Do you have any advice?

Thank you and regards

Andrea Picconi
IAM (Identity Access Management)

[Innovery]
Skype: precons
T:  +39 06 51963439 (int. 196)

Strada Quattro Palazzina A6 c/o Centro Direzionale Milanofiori, 20057 Assago (MI).
www.innovery.net<http://www.innovery.net/> |  T: +39 06 519 63 439