[midPoint] field manager in AD

Щенев Антон Вячеславович anton.shchenev at beeper.ru
Wed May 6 14:32:31 CEST 2020

Thank you,Ivan

getManagersOidsExceptUser - gives me the manager oid
>>String '83e38550-ee78-4bd0-95ab-b18ccd27fb5b'

could i get fullName manager by his oid  or possible name only?

С уважением,
Щенев Антон

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: field manager in AD (Ivan Noris)

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 11:29:22 +0200
From: Ivan Noris <ivan.noris at evolveum.com>
To: midpoint at lists.evolveum.com
Subject: Re: [midPoint] field manager in AD

if I understand correctly, you would like to import the information
about user's manager from AD.

You are right there is no attribute for this in midPoint. This is by
design as the organization structure defines, who is the manager.

Example:

User "employee1" in midPoint is in organization Top -> Sales Division ->
Sales Team 1

In organization Sales Team 1 there is another user "manager1" assigned
to Sales Team 1 as manager (this is a relation of the assignment).

That makes user "manager1" manager of "employee1". It can be used for:

- displaying in the org. structure

- delegated administration: the manager can do something with his/her
subordinate employees

- approvals: the manager can approve requests of his/her subordinate
employees

There is no default attribute in UserType that would contain the
information "who is my manager". It is always computed by midPoint and
you can use methods in midpoint scripting library, e.g.

https://www.evolveum.com/downloads/midpoint/4.1/midpoint-api-4.1-javadoc/com/evolveum/midpoint/model/api/expr/MidpointFunctions.html#getManagersOidsExceptUser(com.evolveum.midpoint.xml.ns._public.common.common_3.UserType)

If you don't want to use it, you can define an extension attribute and
populate the manager from AD there. But then you would lose the default
functionality for deriving the managers from organizational structure as
described above.

On 6. 5. 2020 11:14, Щенев Антон Вячеславович wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The user in the AD has a field its leader(manager). In midPoint, such
> a field was not found in Users. Of course, you can use any of the
> unoccupied, but as provided by the system?
>

> Описание: Описание: Описание: cid:image004.png at 01D47D0D.3B8B0380
>

> С уважением,
>
> Щенев Антон Вячеславович

Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Engineer