[midPoint] Example AMQP / Async resource?

Richard Frovarp richard.frovarp at ndsu.edu
Fri Mar 27 21:32:47 CET 2020

Are there any examples or documentation for any sort of async
provisioning resources? I know that there is the read one for Grouper,
but I'm also looking for something that could create and update
accounts. Maybe following the Grouper example I could get that to work,
I'm just not sure. I am exceptionally new to midPoint. A hint of what
class to extend would be helpful.

Our custom engineered IAM solution does all of its work via RabbitMQ.
Given my current time constraints to get off of that one, I don't see
it practical that I can switch all of our resources that store accounts
over to custom resources. I am better off in the short term leveraging
the existing code that I have, some of which is in Perl, than trying to
go full into midPoint. That is why I am trying to follow the path of
AMQP. I think my fallback would be to have midPoint write to a DB, have
a separate process monitor for updates there, and emit messages. Hoping
for something a bit more elegant.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Richard