[midPoint] Blog: MidPoint User Group on TIIME 2020

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Fri Jan 17 14:57:20 CET 2020

Dear midPoint community,

This year midPoint will be on TIIME <https://tiimeworkshop.eu/agenda/>.
That is Trust and Internet Identity Meeting Europe
<https://tiimeworkshop.eu/>. It takes place in Vienna. We will be
conducting a full-day user group meeting. This is something not to be
missed.

MidPoint community is distributed all around the globe. Although we are
in a virtual touch quite often, there is nothing as a direct personal
discussion. Part of midPoint community met in Brussels last year
<https://evolveum.com/thank-you-eu-fossa-2-for-organizing-hackathon/>,
which was also the first global midPoint meetup. It was a great event
with a lot of enlightening discussions. Unfortunately, the capacity of
that event was limited and not everybody could get in. That event made
us realize how important are those meetings. Therefore we have decided
to try it again, but we will make the event completely open this time.
And then there came the TIIME workshop, located in a very interesting
city which is also very close to our home base. An ideal opportunity.

TIIME is a very interesting workshop based on an unconference format. It
is small, very informal and welcoming environment. We took the
opportunity to use one day before the main unconference to conduct a
midPoint user group meeting. The agenda is very simple:

Morning:

  * *The state of midPoint* by Radovan Semančík. I will be summarizing
    recent releases, development works and high-level plans for next
    releases. There are some important decisions to make and it looks
    like exciting time are ahead of us. There will be a lot to talk about.
  * *What’s hot in midPoint* by Katarína Valaliková. Katka will
    introduce new features of midPoint 4.0. She will also talk about
    recent development work on midPoint 4.1. Katka can show you midPoint
    4.1 development fresh from the oven.

Afternoon:

  * *Discussions, talks and a bit of debate* by everybody. TIIME is an
    unconference and we all love that format. Therefore we have decided
    that we will not set any fixed agenda for an afternoon. I’m quite
    sure that there will be a lot of questions and suggestions during
    the morning talks. Therefore we will take those topics and use them
    to create an agenda for afternoon. Completely improvised. Based on
    your demand and including your involvement. If you have anything
    worth sharing with midPoint community this will be your chance to do
    it. We have whole afternoon for that.

I’m really looking forward to this event. I would like to meet with you
and have a lot of discussions. Katka and Igor will be there as well. And
we will probably bring a couple more developers with us. There will be
lot of opportunities to talk about midPoint.

The midPoint user group takes place on Monday 17th February. Admission
to the one-day user group event is free. However, we more than recommend
to stay for the entire TIIME unconference. There will be /Open Source
Identity and Access Management/ workshop on Tuesday. One full day of
talks and discussions dedicated to open source IAM projects. Evolveum
team will be there. Due to a strong improvisation spirit that is typical
for TIIME the agenda for this OSS IAM workshop is not set yet. But
judging from last year topics this can be a very interesting meeting
indeed. Last year there were members from many projects, including
OpenLDAP, Syncope, midPoint, ConnId, Apache Directory, WSO2 and CAS. And
then there is a main unconference on Wednesday and Thursday. The content
of unconference is almost completely created by the participants. We
plan to participate and it is very likely that some of the content will
be related to identity provisioning, governance, connectors or even
midPoint. It is all up to you.

Come and join us 17th-20th of February in Vienna. We are really looking
forward to meet you and have a lot of interesting discussions.

(Reposted from Evolveum blog
<https://evolveum.com/midpoint-user-group-on-tiime-2020/>)