[midPoint] defaultUserTemplateRef

Ivan Noris ivan.noris at evolveum.com
Mon Feb 24 16:58:51 CET 2020

Hi Rod,

yes it has been removed (after it was deprecated) and you can replace it
with a similar construction:

    <defaultObjectPolicyConfiguration>
        <objectTemplateRef oid="10000000-9999-9999-0000-a000fe000001"
type="c:ObjectTemplateType">
            <!-- ExAmPLE User Template -->
        </objectTemplateRef>
        <type>c:UserType</type>
    </defaultObjectPolicyConfiguration>

You should have seen a warning when importing / saving object with
defaultUserTemplateRef, I remember to have seen similar problem (I don't
remember if there was a JIRA issue created for it, sorry). But the
Release 4.0 page contains the following:

"Other removed items are automatically detected by midPoint parsing code
and such elements should be automatically removed from the data.There
will be a warning in the log file in case that such an element was
removed during parsing. Please note that it takes an update of the
object to store the data value without the removed elements. MidPoint
does *not* do it proactively."

(https://wiki.evolveum.com/display/midPoint/Release+4.0#Release4.0-Behaviorchangessince3.9)

Also, running "ninja.sh verify" should display a warning if you have
deprecated syntax in your repository objects (you should run this
command before upgrade as the schema elements are always deprecated at
least one version before the element is removed).

On 24. 2. 2020 16:46, Rod Holman wrote:

> Hello,
>

> Since we upgraded to 4.0 (now 4.0.2) we have not been able to save the
> defaultUserTemplateRef in the System Configuration Object as explained
> in the documentation under Object Template/Global User Template.  When
> we place it after the logging element and click save it appears to
> save OK, but doesn’t do anything.  We’re able to save other things,
> but not that.  We are trying to save the following:
>

> <defaultUserTemplateRef
> xmlns:tns="http://midpoint.evolveum.com/xml/ns/public/common/common-3"
> oid="f392e8a6-7b2a-4937-84ca-eca3bc9ee176" relation="org:default"
> type="tns:ObjectTemplateType">
>
>         <!-- Create Unique Name -->
>
>     </defaultUserTemplateRef>
>

> Has been removed and replaced with something else?
>

> Thanks,
>

> -Rod

Ivan Noris
Senior Identity Engineer