[midPoint] Maven 3.6 is required to build midPoint

Radovan Semancik radovan.semancik at evolveum.com
Thu Sep 19 13:16:47 CEST 2019

Hello,

Apache Maven 3.6 is a minimum requirement to build master branch of
midPoint.

I have made a lot of upgrades of midPoint dependencies to make sure that
the Gutenberg can be really a *long* time support release chain.
Dependency management is never easy as it often leads to conflicting
dependencies. I have managed to resolve the conflicts and even modernize
some really old pieces of midPoint. However, the consequence is that now
we depend on Apache Maven API 3.6. Therefore Maven 3.6 is needed to
build midPoint. I hope that this will not cause any major trouble as
Maven 3.6 was released almost a year ago.

Also, upgrade to JDK 11 is strongly recommended for midPoint 4.0 and any
later versions.